Slow but Steady Claire's heartbeat is looking great, but she's not moving very much which concerns the doctor. If she doesn't become more active, she'll be delivered in the next 24 hours. They are starting mom on IV and no food or drink. It is not 100%, but it is looking like today is the … Continue reading May 13, 2014
The Delivery (Updated Plan) After much discussion between doctors- ob, renal, neonatal, radiology,- Dr. Bleich informed the family of the current decisions. The MRI was cancelled due to the data not being worth the cost; to clarify, the MRI would not give the doctors any information that would help in the decision of when to … Continue reading May 8, 2014
The family had another sonogram and doctor appointment today. The doctor found the cysts to be growing rapidly and similar to that of a mass, but it is all very uncertain as the characteristics do not align strictly with either diagnosis. In light of this discovery, the doctor will confer tomorrow with her partners and … Continue reading May 7, 2014
The renal doctors are very optimistic about Claire's situation to the point of if she needs to be delivered now, they are not worried. Therefore, the birth plan is to stay in the hospital and deliver around 37 weeks, if able. That would be the first week of June. The only other complication is that … Continue reading May 1, 2014
October 15, 2013Positive ResultsThe Hughes family discovered it was about to grow from 2 to 3 (yeah, the cat is not included in these numbers. . . ) as Mrs. Hughes discovered she was pregnant!She shared this with her husband and after a week of pregnancy tests- all positive, by the way- they scheduled the … Continue reading It’s Positive!